We have always had the reputation of being a friendly, happy and caring community with high standards of courtesy and good manners. The children benefit from the small, ‘family’ nature of the school. They will find staff always willing to help them with any difficulties they may be having, either academically or socially. We aim to foster strong moral values within this framework, acknowledging that these values are shared by us all.
- To create a lively, friendly and responsible community where each girl can feel confident, involved and valued.
- To provide an excellent and appropriate academic education, enabling each girl to achieve her full potential.
- To recognise, encourage and promote the individual talents of each girl.
- To foster strong moral values and qualities of leadership within a Christian framework, while at the same time acknowledging that our school is enriched by a variety of faiths and cultures.
- To implement our strong belief in the importance of good manners, courtesy and a caring attitude in today’s society.
- To provide a secure foundation for the further education and development of each girl, resulting eventually in her chosen career.
Our nursery staff are always ready to talk to parents and carers as they drop the children off at nursery. Higher up the school, good communication between home and school continues to be essential throughout your daughter’s career if she is going to progress well. Each morning a member of the Junior Department staff is at the entrance door to greet the children and take any messages from parents. Likewise, the Heads of the Junior and Senior Departments are always pleased to discuss a girl’s progress with parents. Each Department sends home termly reports and regular Parents’ Evenings are held. We appreciate parents informing us of any problems which might affect their daughter’s progress so that we can provide additional support. We are only a phone call or email away!
Peterborough & St Margaret’s girls are happy girls who work hard as well as enjoying the extra-curricular activities that we offer. As well as ensuring that each girl achieves her full potential academically, we aim to prepare her in every possible way for the life that lies ahead.